The First Year Program has been developed to strengthen the retention rate, to improve operational efficiencies and enrollment, and the long-term success of first-year students at Navajo Technical University. The Advisor and Counselor coordinate to meet with first-year students. They evaluate the student's abilities and interests to develop realistic academic and career goals. The FYE staff provides accuplacer placement testing and interpretation for appropriate placement in math and English courses. Advisement includes educational planning, choosing a major, planning for certificate, associate, or bachelor degree, and planning strategies for academic success. Contact numbers are 505.786.4340 or 505.786.4347
The goal of Navajo Technical University’s First-Year Experience (FYE) is to assist you in making a smooth transition into college, and to provide you the best opportunity to learn about the many resources and opportunities available on campus.
To reach this goal, we are committed to creating:
- A welcoming environment for students in and out of the classroom.
- Connections across campus and point of contacts with faculty and staff.
- A vibrant student learning community.
The First Year Experience staff will provide the following services:
- Individualized counseling
- Academic Advisement
- Specialized Academic Services
- Group activities
- Study groups
Through the First Year Experience program, you will:
- Learn about the college and our expectations from you as a student
- Develop skills needed to succeed academically at Navajo Tech
- Have a sense of membership and engagement in the NTU community
- Form strong peer support systems
- Become familiar with campus resources
We are here for you! Anytime you need some help, drop by and see us at Mod 4, located across from the Administration Building.
Our office hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.