The Enrollment Services department supports NTU’s Mission by providing support, services, and essential infrastructure for attracting, enrolling, retaining and graduating students.
Ya’ateeh. Welcome to the NTU Enrollment Services department.
Delores Becenti, Director of Enrollment. Oversight of the Enrollment Services department.
Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Registrar processes registration requests, schedules classes and maintains class lists, enforces the rules for entering or leaving classes, and keeps a permanent record of grades and marks.
- Evaluates transcripts for transfer students
- Processes student course registration
- Schedules classes with academic Deans
- Determines students’ academic standing.
- Informs and refers students on probation and suspension.
- Oversees and maintains permanent record of students (i.e. grades, graduation petitions, appeals, etc.) per FERPA.
- Reviews graduation petitions and identifies candidates.
- Chairs the NTU Undergraduate Catalog committee.
Renee Damon, Registrar Assistant
Howard Kayaani, Registrar Assistant (Chinle Campus)
The Admission staff processes admission applications for the undergraduate, graduate, dual credit, and continuing education programs.
- Reviews and processes all incoming applications
- (Walk-In and *Online) with required documents (CIB, HS Transcript, etc.)
- Provides admission letters
- Refers incoming students to proper academic advisors and program advisors.
- Assists with Accuplacer Testing
- Enforces FERPA
- Maintains admission record of students.
- Assists instructional site with admission process.
- Issue staff, faculty, and student NTU Identification Cards.
Thelma Johnson, Admission Assistant
Jacqueline Begay, Admission Officer (Chinle Campus)
Bobbie Shack, Director of Student Services (Zuni Campus)
DUAL CREDIT PROGRAM
The Dual Credit program is a program that provides high school students with an opportunity to take college level courses while still in high school.
- Coordinates with high schools to offer college level courses, which may be academic or career technical, but does not include remedial or developmental courses.
- Serves the Navajo Nation and surrounding schools including outside communities who take advantage of the program thru distance learning options.
- Offers a Summer STEM & Skills program every summer with the financial support of grants thru the Engineering Department to provide college experience.
- Submission of reports and invoice at the end of each semester to New Mexico and Arizona.
- Coordinate with Recruiter and Admission Office for DC students’ matriculation as an undergraduate student at NTU.
Dual Credit Coordinator
FINANCIAL AID OFFICE
The office of Financial Aid Office assists students and their families by providing appropriate financial resources through scholarships and grants, and other aid for all qualified current and prospective students.
- Assists students to complete FAFSA, NN Scholarship, and other financial aid forms.
- Provide information to students on their financial aid status.
- Review, determine eligibility, and award students according to appropriate funding policy, rules, and regulations (i.e. Department of Education, Navajo Nation, New Mexico, etc.)
- Conduct financial aid workshops to potential, new, and continuing students and their families.
- Coordinate with Finance Office regarding processing and awarding of students.
- Submission of reports as required per funding agency
Financial Aid Manager
Rena Tom, Financial Aid Assistant
Judy Yazzie, Financial Aid Assistant (Chinle Campus)
RECRUITMENT & RETENTION
The Recruitment Office provides
- Advocate on behalf of Navajo Technical University (NTU) by sharing what NTU has to offer.
- Coordinate with Chinle Campus Recruiter – Jarvis Draper
- Attend community events and activities to inform the public on NTU Masters, Bachelors, Associate and Certificate programs, student services, residential services, transportation, childcare and more.
- Assist academic and program advisors with student retention activities.
- Coordinate with internal departments to develop recruitment and retention plans.
Jarvis Draper, Chinle Campus Recruiter