Submit admission application package by July 15, 2022 for 2022 Fall Semester admission. All supporting documents need to be on file on that date at the University to be considered for 2022 Fall Semester Cohort admission. Documents needed are:
- A completed and signed NTU Graduate Program Admissions Application.
- Copy of Certificate of Indian Blood (CIB) or an official record of enrollment that indicates membership with a federally recognized Indian Tribe for all Native American students.
- All higher education official transcripts are required to be on file prior to official admissions into the program.
- Submit three current letters of recommendation (written within 60 days of deadline date);
- Submit GRE scores and other admission testing. Entrance test scores, if applicable, are to be mailed directly from the testing agency; test scores must be less than five years old and needs to be sent to the address below; (https://www.ets.org/s/cv/gre/at-home/)
- Submit a 500-word statement in Diné bizaad mentioning your:
- a) academic and professional goals,
- b) research interest,
- c) relevant prior experiences,
- d) motivation for graduate study, and any other information you believe will assist the Graduate Admission Committee (GAC) to consider your application for graduate admission
- Provide proof of ability to pay for graduate school.
- Sample of an academic writing (research paper) from undergraduate school.
- Fluency in Diné and English languages will be expected of Culture, Language & Leadership graduate students. A portion of the classes will be conducted strictly in Diné language. No translators will be provided.
- All students will be tested for fluency in Dine’ language by the University, Verbal, reading and written exams in Dine’ language will be conducted prior to admission notification. Each student will be informed when their exams will be scheduled prior to admission.
- Applicants are solely responsible for compiling their own credentials. Collect all documents in SEALED envelopes of official transcripts and letters of recommendation. Documents submitted in an unsealed envelope will not be accepted, which will be returned to you. All documents submitted in support of your application will become a part of the permanent records at the University and are not returnable nor copies made at any time.
- All graduate credit hours are expected to be earned at Navajo Technical University. There might be a possibility that a very low number of graduate course credit hours might be considered for transfer from other institution(s). This task will be left to the Graduate Admission Committee.
|Estimated Cost of Attendance||$16,420/academic year|
|Tuition and Fees||$2,360|
|Housing and Meals||$7,360|
|Books and Supplies||$2,600|
Graduate Admissions Coordinator
Office of the Registrar
Navajo Technical University
PO Box 849
Crownpoint, NM 8713