Navajo Technical University currently assists in supporting three (3) prestigious scholarships that are only available to NTU undergraduates. Through many initiatives around campus, NTU has secured funding from various organizations to help offset the costs of attendance. Our goal is to increase recruitment, retention and graduation rates of our students through financial assistance.
Each of the programs has requested for specific eligibility requirements that support our Diné Philosophy of Education and the mission of their program.
In preparation for the application, the following information will help improve your competitive application and reduce complications with the selection process:
- You must have completed your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and have it submitted to our NTU Financial Aid Office.
- Your NTU Financial Aid Application, including all required documentation, must be completed.
- Your NTU Skyhawk email should be active. We will not send out any decisions to personal email accounts due to privacy regulations.
Other important information:
- All scholarships are awarded per semester and are not distributed in annual sums.
- If your eligibility or status changes at any time, your application or award maybe voided or cancelled.
- Not all qualified applicants will receive an award, due to limited funding.
Navajo Student Applicants:
The application requires you to submit your Navajo Nation Voter Registration (NNVR) because your Certificate of Indian Blood (CIB) does not confirmed your active chapter membership. Some scholarships would like to award certain chapters or regions of the Navajo Nation. Your CIB is not required, if it has been submitted to the Office of the Registrar.
- NN Voter Registrations can be submitted several different ways.
- Card (Looks like a business card.)
- Blue or Yellow Receipt
- A letter from the chapter
- A letter from NN Election Office
- You must be enrolled in your chapter for more than 6 months. Verification may be conducted through the Navajo Election Office and the Chapter.
- Do not submit your County Voter Registration Card that is different from the NNVR Card.
- Need a NNVR? The Crownpoint Election Office can provide a letter that confirms which Chapter you are currently enrolled in. Again, they cover the entire Navajo Nation. They are also located by the flea market, where the old police department use to be.
Your application and supporting documents can be submitted in any of the following ways:
STEAM Lab, SUB Room #146 (Main Campus)
Subject: NTU Scholarship Application
ATTN: STEAM Lab
Navajo Technical University
PO Box 849
Crownpoint, NM 87313
Spring 2018 - February 9th, 2018 by 5:00PM
Summer 2018 - June 1st, 2018 by 5:00PM
Feel free to contact Heather Yazzie-Kinlacheeny
NTU Scholarship Application:
After carefully reading the information above, you may download the application here: