Regional Transport (Fleet Management NTU Faculty/Staff Transportation)
Fleet Management and Transportation Re-Entry Plan
The Navajo Technical University Fleet Management and Transportation Service COVID-19 Re-Entry Plan is to provide a safe and healthy procedure, which details the process for NTU Students and NTU employees utilizing the NTU transportation services for 2020 Fall and 2021 Spring semesters.
Daily Transport for NTU Staff & Faculty
Transportation Department will have a van available Monday thru Friday, from Gallup, New Mexico only. More information here.
Policy & Procedures Vehicle Request Form
The Faculty/Staff Transportation Procedures is specifically designed for full-time Navajo Technical University employees that are requesting for a vehicle. NTU employees may apply at Modular One building, Fleet Management office located on the North side of the main NTU campus. Transportation is from Monday to Friday. The Fleet Management will need the completed forms signed and approved by the Dean/Director for that department – Travel Authorization/Travel Advance Form and Vehicle Request Form. Faculty/Staff Transportation services is not a right but a privilege. The Fleet Management Policy and the Business Office Procedures will be adhered to.
The NTU Employee must submit with the following documents:
- Travel Authorization/Travel Advance Form & Vehicle Request Form
- List of all names of any students and staff who will be traveling in a NTU vehicle
- Size of vehicle with time of departure and time of return of vehicle to Campus.
- Copy of a valid Driver’s license must be on file with Fleet Management
Once all documents are in place, the Fleet Management office will then validate the documents.
- When complete, the Fleet Management will review and schedule an NTU vehicle.
- The Fleet Coordinator shall also notify the Staff/Faculty if the request is disapproved or if there is no vehicle available or other reason that reflects safety of transport.
- If disapproved, justification will be provided to the employee who may appeal to the Dean of Student Services within three (3) working days of the date of the decision. Both Fleet Coordinator and Dean of Student Services will make the final decision.
All travel is based on mileage of .54 per mile and will be charged to the department line item or staff that is listed on the Travel form. Invoice are provided at end of each month to the Business Office and a copy to the employee.
All travel that is over two states or over 1000 miles, Fleet Management will recommend that other options be given, such as rental or flight. This recommendation is to alleviate the wear and tear of the NTU vehicle.
All vehicles will be scheduled in a timely matter. Policy and Procedures state that a two week notice for travel should be given to the Fleet Management office so as a vehicle can be prepared and scheduled.
E-mail or verbal request for NTU vehicle will not be allowed to reserve any NTU vehicle. All requests must be scheduled with the Fleet Coordinator and all completed forms submitted.
Employees are fully responsible for keeping the vehicle clean and safe. Additional charges may apply if the employee loses the fuel card or any damage to the vehicle. All employees are to log-in mileage that is placed in vehicle.
Drivers are assigned to transport NTU students daily as scheduled, therefore if an employee requests for Airport drop-off or Airport pick-up, this has to be scheduled two (2) weeks in advance. This is due to any over-time requests and identifying an account number for that department.
Navajo Technical University
Fleet Management Office
P.O. Box 849
Crownpoint New Mexico 87313