Navajo Technical University currently provides some financial assistance through two prestigious scholarships. Through many initiatives around campus, NTU has secured funding from various organizations to help offset the costs of attendance. Our goal is to increase recruitment, retention and graduation rates of our students by supporting students with funding.
Each of the programs has requested for specific eligibility requirements that support our Diné Philosophy of Education and the mission of their program.
In preparation for the application, the following information will help improve your competitive application and reduce complications with the selection process:
- You must have completed your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and have it submitted to our NTU Financial Aid Office.
- Your NTU Financial Aid Application, including all required documentation, must be completed.
- Your NTU Skyhawk email should be active. We will not send out any decisions to personal email accounts due to privacy regulations.
Other important information:
- All scholarships are awarded per semester and are not distributed in annual sums.
- If your eligibility or status changes at any time, your application or award maybe voided or cancelled.
- Not all qualified applicants will receive an award, due to limited funding.
Navajo Student Applicants:
The application requires you to submit your Navajo Nation Voter Registration Verification (NNVR) because the Certificate of Indian Blood only confirms your membership under the Navajo Nation, but not the chapter you are affiliated with.
- NN Voter Registration Verification can be submitted several different ways. The acceptable forms are the NNVR Card, Blue or Yellow Receipt, a letter from the chapter or a letter from NN Election Office.
- You must be enrolled in your chapter for more than 6 months. Verification may be conducted through the Navajo Election Office and the Chapter.
- Do not submit your County Voter Registration Card that is different from the NNVR Card.
- Need a NNVR? The Crownpoint Election Office can provide a letter that confirms which Chapter you are currently enrolled in. Again, they cover the entire Navajo Nation. They are also located by the flea market, where the old police department use to be.
Your application and supporting documents can be submitted in any of the following ways:
Sky Hawk Central (Admission/Registrar Office) (Main Campus)
Subject: NTU Scholarship Application
Navajo Technical University
PO Box 849
Crownpoint, NM 87313
April 17th, 2020 @ 4PM
Feel free to contact Delores Becenti
Call: 505.387.7404 ext. 1046