NTU is receiving funds as a result of the CARES Act to assist students in need. As such, NTU will be issuing relief checks to students to assist in resources needed to help you complete the semester such as food, housing, course materials, technology, health care, and child care. The distribution of funds is listed below:
Part-time - $350
Full-time - $625
Full disbursements will be distributed to students who have been regularly attending class, have been in contact with instructors, and have been submitting homework and assignments.
For students who have not been attending classes, you will still have a chance to receive a check. Please contact the Registrar’s office to resume coursework. A 50/50 disbursement will be utilized with 50% of the funds up front, and the other 50% after courses have been completed.
In order to receive a disbursement, students must complete the following:
- Contact NTU’s Registrar Office. You must be able to provide updated information. You can contact:
- Delores Becenti at firstname.lastname@example.org 505-387-7404
- Kelly Chiquito at email@example.com 505-387-7365
- Nathalie Archie at firstname.lastname@example.org 505-387-7426
- Geraldine Slim at email@example.com 505-387-7377
- Complete the NTU Emergency Distance Education Needs Survey. You can access the survey here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/SP20DisEdSupport. Students without the Internet can call Sheena Begay at 505-387-7461 to request a mail-in survey or to take the survey over the phone. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Obtain an NTU email address. In order to maintain reliable communication, students must have an NTU email address. Email email@example.com if you need help setting up an email address.
- Connect with your instructor. You must also contact your instructors in order to work out a plan to complete your coursework. Funds will only be distributed in full to students that complete the semester. If you are receiving an incomplete grade, or “I,” funds can be disbursed during the intercession or summer semester. If a student fails to complete their course, the rest of the funds will not be disbursed and grades will be changed to “F”.
If you have already completed the survey, have an NTU email, and have been in correspondence with your instructors, please contact the Registrar’s office.
NTU has limited services on campus but will continue services like hot spots on each NTU site, laptop checkouts, and our Homework Express. We encourage you to allocate your relief funds to work in conjunction with our current support services.
The sooner you contact us; the sooner you’ll receive your check. Please spread the word.
For more information about the distribution of the NTU relief checks, contact Dean Jerlynn Henry at firstname.lastname@example.org or Cheryl Thompson at email@example.com.
Are you at risk of dropping out? Are you having a hard time transitioning to our Emergency Online Environment? Contact the Skyhawk SOS team.
Our team is here to help with early alert referrals, academic probation, disability and counseling referrals, tutoring referrals online, soft skills training, and connecting students with instructors.
For more information, see the attached PDF packet detailing all of our Skyhawk SOS services. You may also contact Sherietta Martinez-Brown at 505-387-7470 or email smartinez@Navajotech.edu. You may also contact Kyle Arviso at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 505-387-7513.
ATTENTION DUAL CREDIT and McKINLEY ACADEMY STUDENTS - You will need to complete coursework for all Dual Credit classes. Please contact Freda Joe, Dual Credit Coordinator or your Instructor(s) as soon as possible. Your Instructor will provide you with their plan as to how you can receive a final grade for your class(es). We urge you to take this step so you can successfully complete your classes. Our utmost concern is your health and safety, as well as successfully completing your classes. So, please help us so we can help you.
Contact Information: Freda Joe, Dual Credit Coordinator 505-387-7364, ext. 1008 or email@example.com