Faculty and Staff
Regional Transport (Fleet Management NTU Faculty/Staff Transportation)
The Faculty/Staff Transportation Procedures is specifically designed for full-time Navajo Technical University employees that are requesting for a vehicle. NTU employees may apply at Modular One building, Fleet Management office located on the North side of the main NTU campus. Transportation is from Monday to Friday. The Fleet Management will need the completed forms signed and approved by the Dean/Director for that department – Travel Authorization/Travel Advance Form and Vehicle Request Form. Faculty/Staff Transportation services is not a right but a privilege. The Fleet Management Policy and the Business Office Procedures will be adhered to.
The NTU Employee must submit with the following documents:
- Travel Authorization/Travel Advance Form & Vehicle Request Form
- List of all names of any students and staff who will be traveling in a NTU vehicle
- Size of vehicle with time of departure and time of return of vehicle to Campus.
- Copy of a valid Driver’s license must be on file with Fleet Management
Once all documents are in place, the Fleet Management office will then validate the documents.
- When complete, the Fleet Management will review and schedule an NTU vehicle.
- The Fleet Coordinator shall also notify the Staff/Faculty if the request is disapproved or if there is no vehicle available or other reason that reflects safety of transport.
- If disapproved, justification will be provided to the employee who may appeal to the Dean of Student Services within three (3) working days of the date of the decision. Both Fleet Coordinator and Dean of Student Services will make the final decision.
All travel is based on mileage of .54 per mile and will be charged to the department line item or staff that is listed on the Travel form. Invoice are provided at end of each month to the Business Office and a copy to the employee.
All travel that is over two states or over 1000 miles, Fleet Management will recommend that other options be given, such as rental or flight. This recommendation is to alleviate the wear and tear of the NTU vehicle.
All vehicles will be scheduled in a timely matter. Policy and Procedures state that a two week notice for travel should be given to the Fleet Management office so as a vehicle can be prepared and scheduled.
E-mail or verbal request for NTU vehicle will not be allowed to reserve any NTU vehicle. All requests must be scheduled with the Fleet Coordinator and all completed forms submitted.
Employees are fully responsible for keeping the vehicle clean and safe. Additional charges may apply if the employee loses the fuel card or any damage to the vehicle. All employees are to log-in mileage that is placed in vehicle.
Drivers are assigned to transport NTU students daily as scheduled, therefore if an employee requests for Airport drop-off or Airport pick-up, this has to be scheduled two (2) weeks in advance. This is due to any over-time requests and identifying an account number for that department.
Navajo Technical University
Fleet Management Office
P.O. Box 849
Crownpoint New Mexico 87313
The website is for registered users only. At this time these are the admin assistants for your building or department. Please reach out to them if you need a work request submitted.
Click here to access the request page: https://assetessentials.dudesolutions.com/NavajoTechnicalUniversity/
- Guide for Logging In
- Guide for Submitting
- For detailed instructions on how to manage reactive maintenance work orders through the mobile app – CLICK HERE
- For detailed instructions on how to manage preventative maintenance work orders through the mobile app – CLICK HERE
If you end up resolving the issue by yourself, then please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will close out your work order.
Mediation and Dispute Resolution Services
Trainings and Workshops
The Office Ombuds does not provide legal or psychological counseling
A Bridge Between Problems and Options
The NTU Office of Ombuds is a place where faculty, staff and administrators of the NTU community can go for assistance in addressing conflicts, disputes or complaints on an informal basis. In order to afford the visitors the greatest freedom in using its services, the Office is independent, neutral and confidential.
The NTU Office of Ombuds works to ensure that all members of the NTU community receive fair and equitable treatment in matters of concern or complaint. The Ombuds facilitate communication and assist parties in reaching their own mutually acceptable agreements when conflicts arise. Acting as neutrals and committed to confidentiality, the Ombuds may gather information on complaints, clarify issues, expedite processes or, when appropriate initiate mediation. The response of the Office is tailored to the dynamics of the situation and the informed consent of the visitor. The Ombuds are respectfully impartial to all parties to a conflict. The Office operates within NTU policy and reports to the President’s Office for administrative and budgetary purposes. Ombuds may make recommendations for review or change when policies or procedures of NTU generate trends or patterns in conflicts and concern.
Please fill out and submit the Intake Form on the NTU web site. You will receive a phone call back within 48 hours.
Meeting with an Ombuds does not affect your ability to pursue formal complaints. An Ombuds can help you find the appropriate person to speak to in order to request that NTU take some action, if that is what you want. Important rights may be affected by the actual date when formal action is initiated and/or when NTU is informed of allegedly wrongful behavior, and in some situations, you may wish to consult with an attorney regarding your rights. The staff members in the Office of Ombuds Services do not represent NTU and therefore cannot receive formal complaints. The Office of Ombuds Services will resist being called to testify as a witness in any formal or legal proceedings to reveal confidential communications. The Office also does not maintain any permanent records of individual matters.
Frequently Asked Questions
Welcome to the Navajo Technical University HR Department!
Navajo Technical University is committed to enhancing the diversity of the University staff and the same time being consistent with the provisions of the Navajo Nation Employment Preference Act. All candidates are subject to a Criminal history background check as a condition for employment.
1. Search positions by clicking one of the tabs to review the position description
2. Apply for posted positions by entering your information directly on the application (please download and view the application with Adobe Reader)
3. Please ensure the following checklist is complete prior to submitting your application packet:
- NTU Application
- Letter of Interest
- Resumé / Curriculum Vitae
- Copies of Transcripts
- Copies of Diplomas and/or Licenses
- (3) Letters of Recommendation (within 1 year)
4. You can send your application by US mail to:
Attn: Human Resources Dept.
Navajo Technical University
PO Box 849
Crownpoint, NM 87313